Re: [Megaco] RFC 3525 on Gateway Control Protocol Version 1

Tom Taylor <taylor@nortelnetworks.com> Mon, 09 June 2003 19:03 UTC

Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 15:00:19 -0400
From: Tom Taylor <taylor@nortelnetworks.com>
To: Pellegrino Jose Luis <pellegrj@TELEFONICA.COM.AR>
CC: megaco@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Megaco] RFC 3525 on Gateway Control Protocol Version 1
Sender: megaco-admin@ietf.org

As it says in the abstract to the version 2 draft, this draft when approved will
UPDATE, not OBSOLETE, RFC 3525.  At least, that is how I have always seen the
matter.  If this list feels otherwise, say so now: the draft has been submitted for
consideration as an RFC, but is still in the preliminary stages of evaluation.  BTW
does anyone who wasn't close to its production want to do a review of the draft for
the Area Director (Jon Peterson)?