Re: [Megaco] Last Call On Four Documents

Christian Groves <Christian.Groves@ericsson.com.au> Wed, 17 October 2001 07:22 UTC

Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:00:23 +1000
From: Christian Groves <Christian.Groves@ericsson.com.au>
To: "'megaco@ietf.org'" <megaco@ietf.org>
CC: Tom-PT Taylor <taylor@nortelnetworks.com>, Rune Boman <Rune.Boman@etx.ericsson.se>
Subject: Re: [Megaco] Last Call On Four Documents
Sender: megaco-admin@ietf.org

G'Day,

Below are some questions on the CAS package from a colleague.

Cheers, Christian

COMMENTS TO H.248 CAS PACKAGE

These comments relates to draft-manyfolks-megaco-caspackage-01.txt

Section 4, introduction:
What is "feature group D (FGD) MF signalling sigle stage dialling". Does
it prevents overlap signalling?
Is feature group D a certain functionality package in north amerika
(like class 4, class 5 exchanges?)

What is FGD operator services ? Is it assistance operators or trunk
offering operators or call centers?

Section 5, 4th part:
"For some applications, CAS package provides all of the functionality
neededÂ…". What is actualy meant with "some applications". Is
functionality missing for other applications ? Is R2 counted as other
applications ?

Section 6.3.4, Event name Clear back; and also section 7:
Is "robbed bit signalling digital interface interface" the same thing as
"bit stealing in TS16 in T1" ? It seemes to be something else knitted to
the on-hook condition on an access only ?

Section 6.6.1 Glare procedures:
Is glare exactly the same procedure as "double seizure" in R1/R2
specifications for ITU-T ?

Section 8.4.1 Ringback:
Is this signalling to calling user from an assistance operator ? This is
not covered in ITU-T R1 Rec.

Section 9.3.1 Recall:
Is this the same as a reanswer signal from the called user. It seems to
be something else, since it is mentioned in the Operator services
package.

Section 9 general:
All the operator services and signals mentioned, are not specified in
ITU-T R1 and R2. Are they all related to american operator services. Why
is trunk-offering and cancelling missing, or is that the same as
"operator attached" and "operator released" ?

Section 15.1 Basic single-stage MF or wink start or immediate start:
"Wink start" and "immediate start" is not part of the ITU-T R2
signalling , where "seizure acknowledgement" signal is always used and
not part of ITU-T R1, where "Delay dialling and start dialling
(proceed-to-send) are used. "Wink start sounds like a signal used
nationally (or within a region).

No reference:
Is also CAS signalling system number 5 and 5bis covered by this draft.
Where are the key pulses for transit and terminating indication
specified? In R1 and C5 the KP is like a normal MF digit. Is it regarded
as a digit also in this specification?

In system C5 the line signals are compelled (like the register
signalling in R2). Is the intention that the MGW handles these compelled
cycles autonomuously?