[Megaco] RE: Comments draft-ietf-megaco-naspkg-04.txt

"Tom-PT Taylor"<taylor@nortelnetworks.com> Tue, 07 May 2002 19:56 UTC

From: Tom-PT Taylor <taylor@nortelnetworks.com>
To: 'Christian Groves' <Christian.Groves@ericsson.com.au>
Cc: Megaco <megaco@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 14:39:38 -0400
Subject: [Megaco] RE: Comments draft-ietf-megaco-naspkg-04.txt
Sender: megaco-admin@ietf.org

Thanks for your comments.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Groves [mailto:Christian.Groves@ericsson.com.au]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 2:29 AM
To: Taylor, Tom-PT [CAR:B800:EXCH]
Cc: Megaco
Subject: Comments draft-ietf-megaco-naspkg-04.txt

G'Day Tom,

I have several comments on the NAS packages.

o General - "Term" can you expand it to "Termination" where ever it occurs.
Can
be confusing to the reader.

[PTT] ??? The only occurrence of the word "term" is in section 9.1.1, where
I could use "component" as an alternative.

o Sect 6.5 talks about the bearer capabilities in the TDM SDP draft and
H.248
Annex C. I think in the interests in keeping things consistent and help
interoperability that the same values should be used for both ie. USI, TMR.
So
you could specify exactly what values should be used from Annex C and the
relevant SDP attributes.

[PTT] I'm not sure how to respond to this.  This document isn't really meant
to be a NAS designer's guide: I'm trying to define something to meet their
requirements, not tell them what parameters to use.  It might be more
legitimate for me to create such a cross-reference in my SDP-for-TDM
document.

o Sect 7.1.1 Dialout Number > Default if unspecified is "absent". The reads
as
if the value should be set "absent". Perhaps a better formulation is
"Dialled
number is absent if unspecified"

[PTT] OK

o Sect 8.2.1 allows the MG to indicate to the MGC that an outgoing call
should
be initiated. It provides the appropriate destination (dialnum) but I can't
find
anywhere that describes the type of call to be placed. I would have thought
that
the MG should also provide some sort of bearer capabilities to be used in
the
call. Perhaps the appropriate values (eg. USI/TMR) could be provided as an
additional 2 optional parameters to the CallReq event.

[PTT]  Good point: I'll have to think about this.  The whole area of
network-initiated outgoing calls seems to be a bit beyond present practice.

o Sect 9.1.1 Naming Patterns - I'm not sure what this is meant to achieve.
The
procedures don't cover this. Do you audit value/ audit capability? What
should
be returned? TID=NAS/*??

[PTT] The naming pattern is a terminationState property on ROOT.  Whatever
procedures apply to such properties apply to it.  In text encoding, the
returned item would be
   terminationState={ ..., nasroot/nampat="nas/*", ...}

Regards, Christian

> Internet-Drafts@ietf.org wrote:

> > directories.
> > This draft is a work item of the Media Gateway Control Working Group of
the
> > IETF.
> >
> >         Title           : Megaco/H.248 NAS Package
> >         Author(s)       : J. Mitchell, t. Taylor, A. Whitton, R.
Subramaniam