Re: [mile] Request for draft reviews - review of IODEF Enumeration Reference

"Takeshi Takahashi" <takeshi_takahashi@nict.go.jp> Tue, 30 July 2013 13:59 UTC

From: Takeshi Takahashi <takeshi_takahashi@nict.go.jp>
To: 'Adam Montville' <Adam.Montville@cisecurity.org>, "'Black, David'" <david.black@emc.com>, mile@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 22:59:21 +0900
Subject: Re: [mile] Request for draft reviews - review of IODEF Enumeration Reference

Hello Adam, David, and all.

Regarding the character set of “Full Name” and “Abbreviation”, let me
comment on a bit here.
I also think we do not need Unicode, and ASCII code is fine.

I have discussed with a couple of Japanese colleagues, but none of us were
able to come up with any acronyms (or its full name) made by Japanese
characters.

When we create acronyms, they consist of in English alphabets.
Of course, some acronyms could be based on Japanese letters, but those
acronyms have corresponding full name in Romaji.
(Romaji is a type of Japanese letters that uses English alphabets to express
Japanese letters.)

Since Romaji is expressed in English alphabets, I do not see the need for
Unicode here.
I mean, I also support using ASCII code for the "Full Name" and
"Abbreviation."

Thank you.
Take