Re: [Mip4] review of draft-devarapalli-mip4-mobike-connectivity-00.txt

Vijay Devarapalli <vijayd@iprg.nokia.com> Tue, 30 August 2005 19:03 UTC

Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:01:45 -0700
From: Vijay Devarapalli <vijayd@iprg.nokia.com>
To: "Kent Leung (kleung)" <kleung@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Mip4] review of draft-devarapalli-mip4-mobike-connectivity-00.txt
Cc: sami.vaarala@iki.fi, Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>, mip4@ietf.org
Sender: mip4-bounces@ietf.org

Kent Leung (kleung) wrote:
> I agree with Sami.
>
> 1) x-MIP solution should go forth as it directly addressed the problem
> statement, RFC 4093.
>
> 2) Now, there is the effort to provide a solution that can avoid the
> extra tunnel overhead on the airlink and layering on the MN for data
> traffic.

which solution? draft-devarapalli-mip4-mobike-connectivity-00.txt
is definitely not targeting this. it is only addressing a scenario
where IKEv2 IPsec VPNs with MOBIKE support are used. it is doing
this because there are some immediate use cases.

however, I would support an effort to define requirements for a
more optimal solution involving MIPv4 and *any kind* of VPN
gateway and encourage MIPv4 WG to look into an optimal solution.

Vijay