RE: [Mip4] review of draft-devarapalli-mip4-mobike-connectivity-00.txt

"Kent Leung \(kleung\)" <kleung@cisco.com> Tue, 30 August 2005 18:40 UTC

Subject: RE: [Mip4] review of draft-devarapalli-mip4-mobike-connectivity-00.txt
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:40:20 -0700
From: "Kent Leung (kleung)" <kleung@cisco.com>
To: sami.vaarala@iki.fi, Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>
Cc: mip4@ietf.org
Sender: mip4-bounces@ietf.org

I agree with Sami.

1) x-MIP solution should go forth as it directly addressed the problem
statement, RFC 4093.

2) Now, there is the effort to provide a solution that can avoid the
extra tunnel overhead on the airlink and layering on the MN for data
traffic.

For #2, assuming this is the new requirement/problem statement to
support VPN traversal, one possible solution is MOBIKE while another is
x-MIP with optimization.  MOBIKE requires changes to VPN GW and can't
work with FAs.  X-MIP w/optimization don't have these restrictions.
It's worth defining the requirements of the long-term solution.

Kent