[Mip4] Re: Clarification for Dynamic HA assignment draft

Alpesh <alpesh@cisco.com> Wed, 06 August 2003 18:51 UTC

Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 11:49:57 -0700
From: Alpesh <alpesh@cisco.com>
To: Pete McCann <mccap@lucent.com>
CC: mkulkarn@cisco.com, kleung@cisco.com, mip4@ietf.org
Subject: [Mip4] Re: Clarification for Dynamic HA assignment draft
Sender: mip4-admin@ietf.org

Pete:

Okay, so I see that you mean. One concern that we had was that Diameter
is still not an RFC and we would be referring to something not a RFC yet.

That said, we don't have a problem in incorporating your observation. We can
still continue using the term ALL_ZERO_ONE_ADDR - with specific meanings
for 0.0.0.0 and 255.255.255.255.

Following is the new text ...

" ALL_ZERO_ONE_ADDR stands for 0.0.0.0 or 255.255.255.255.
255.255.255.255 would indicate assigning  HA in home domain and
0.0.0.0 would mean MN just needs a dynamic
HA, it does not care whether in home or visited domain."

As already mentioned in the framework, the specific mechanisms to assign
the
local or visited HA are outside the scope.

Let us know what you think.
Alpesh