[Mip4] RE: Request for text proposal for your scenario

"Jayshree Bharatia" <jayshree@nortelnetworks.com> Wed, 24 September 2003 17:06 UTC

From: Jayshree Bharatia <jayshree@nortelnetworks.com>
To: "'Adrangi, Farid'" <farid.adrangi@intel.com>, Gopal Dommety <gdommety@cisco.com>
Cc: mccap@lucent.com, henrik@levkowetz.com, mip4@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:03:52 -0500
Subject: [Mip4] RE: Request for text proposal for your scenario
Sender: mip4-admin@ietf.org

Hi Farid,

Please see my response inline.

Regards,
Jayshree

[JB] If VPN/FA are co-located, that node can have role of Mobile IP FA as
well as VPN. You can configure this node however you like but our interest
here is for the case where both these roles are active.

> 2) What is the role of FA on the VPN gateway?  In other
> words, what is the difference between
>
> MN -----VPN/FA ------Intranet  (your scenario)
[JB] Functionality of the VPN and the FA are provided through same physical
node.
> And
> MN -------VPN -------Intranet
[JB} Not sure what this scenario is but looks like you have FA somewhere
else.