Re: [Mip6] Comments for draft-ietf-mip6-rfc4285bis-00.txt

Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net> Mon, 24 September 2007 13:55 UTC

Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:54:59 +0200
From: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
To: "Chowdhury, Kuntal" <kchowdhury@starentnetworks.com>
Subject: Re: [Mip6] Comments for draft-ietf-mip6-rfc4285bis-00.txt

Hi Kuntal,

I wanted to be a bit more specific about the feedback regarding the
timestamp-based replay protection technique. I believe the following two
paragraphs should make everything clear.

In Section 5.2 of
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mip6-rfc4285bis-00 you could write:

"

When the MN-AAA authentication mobility option is present in a BU the
mobility message replay protection in section 6 option SHOULD be used.

"

At the end of Section 6 of
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mip6-rfc4285bis-00 you should
indicate:

"

If the Mobile Node receives a Binding Acknowledgement with the code
MIPV6-ID-MISMATCH, which is a response to a BU containing a MN-AAA
authentication mobility option, and the authentication of the BA
succeeds, the Mobile Node MUST resend the BU including the MN-AAA
authentication mobility option, using the updated timestamp value.

"

The text about resynchronization of the timestamp between the MN <-> HA
is already in the draft but the statement regarding the the MN-AAA usage
is missing.
This paragraph would provide that statement.

Ciao
Hannes