Re: [MEXT] re-direction attack on MCoA

Vijay Devarapalli <vijay.devarapalli@azairenet.com> Mon, 28 January 2008 22:28 UTC

Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:28:01 -0800
From: Vijay Devarapalli <vijay.devarapalli@azairenet.com>
To: Benjamin Lim <benjamin.limck@sg.panasonic.com>
Subject: Re: [MEXT] re-direction attack on MCoA
Cc: mext@ietf.org

Hi Benjamin,

FWIW, for the current draft, I think it is sufficient to point
out the threats in the security considerations section. The
home agent knows which mobile node launched the attch, so that
should be a deterrent. We should not require the CoA to be a
CGA, require CBA or mandate a return routability test for the
CoA for the multiple CoA extension.

I also think we should add an informative reference pointing
to draft-lim-mext-multiple-coa-verify-00 for preventing the
attack.

Vijay