SV: [MMUSIC] Re: ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-content-03

Gunnar Hellstrom <gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se> Tue, 04 July 2006 17:48 UTC

From: Gunnar Hellstrom <gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se>
To: Gunnar Hellstrom <gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se>, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>, Arnoud van Wijk <arnoud@annies.nl>
Subject: SV: [MMUSIC] Re: ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-content-03
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 18:47:53 +0100
Cc: 'Gonzalo Camarillo' <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>, 'IETF MMUSIC WG' <mmusic@ietf.org>, 'Colin Perkins' <csp@csperkins.org>

Cullen,
While waiting for a new media-content draft to appear, I remembered one more
reference that could be suitable for the reader who want to learn more about
text telephony.

That is RFC2833bisdata.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bisdata-08.txt
In its section 2.7 there is a brief description of the text telephone
systems and its use of various modems.

rfc2833bisdata is approved.It will likely become a quite well known RFC.
However it is not as clear as V.18, ETSI EG 202 320 and RFC 2805 about the
use of the half duplex mode.

I think it would be best with a reference to ETSI EG 202 320 for text
telephony background info. But RFC 2805, rfc2833bisdata, H.248.2  and ITU-T
V.18 also give similar info.

Gunnar

-
Gunnar Hellstrom, Omnitor