Re: [MMUSIC] How does mmt grouping work with multiple streams of the same type?

"Stach, Thomas" <thomas.stach@siemens-enterprise.com> Thu, 11 October 2012 14:55 UTC

From: "Stach, Thomas" <thomas.stach@siemens-enterprise.com>
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:55:11 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.29.42.225]
Cc: Jonathan Lennox <jonathan@vidyo.com>, mmusic WG <mmusic@ietf.org>, Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] How does mmt grouping work with multiple streams of the same type?

inline

Could that be done by e.g. enhancing the new a=mmtype with an ssrc element?
E.g.

       a=mmtype: 0 audio ssrc=1
       a=mmtype: 8 audio ssrc=1
       a=mmtype: 97 audio ssrc=2
       a=mmtype: 31 video ssrc=3
       a=mmtype: 32 video ssrc=4

would mean 2 audio streams and 2 video streams, whereas

       a=mmtype: 0 audio ssrc=1
       a=mmtype: 8 audio ssrc=1
       a=mmtype: 97 audio ssrc=1
       a=mmtype: 31 video ssrc=2
       a=mmtype: 32 video ssrc=2

means 1 audio and 1 video stream based on the number of different SSRCs?