RE: [MMUSIC] Accessibility relatedparametersindraft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-content-01.txt

"Arnoud van Wijk" <degodefroi@gmail.com> Fri, 24 February 2006 12:42 UTC

From: Arnoud van Wijk <degodefroi@gmail.com>
To: 'Gunnar Hellstrom' <gunnar.hellstrom@omnitor.se>, "'Jani Hautakorpi (JO/LMF)'" <jani.hautakorpi@ericsson.com>
Subject: RE: [MMUSIC] Accessibility relatedparametersindraft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-content-01.txt
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 13:42:34 +0100
Cc: Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com, mmusic@ietf.org

Hi Gunnar,
The ToIP client MAY switch from split screen to a single screen. It does not
have to. In the Dutch mobile text telephone platform, we will make it an
option in the client to go from splitscreen to single screen when
communicating with a PSTN text telephone. It is up to the users to choose
it.

The most important part is that the users know that they may have to use the
turn-taking etiquette in the call. As you wrote below, almost all textphone
calls require turn-taking etiquette.

The chance of connecting to a native V.18 is still very slim.
Maybe we can say if it is native v1.8, that it will not use txp label. That
is more or less to be determined by trials if that is desirable or not.

But for 99% of all texttelephone calls it will require turn-taking etiquette
anyway.

Cheers

Arnoud