Re: [MMUSIC] The 3D drafts

Bert Greevenbosch <Bert.Greevenbosch@huawei.com> Mon, 13 February 2012 03:13 UTC

Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 03:11:49 +0000
From: Bert Greevenbosch <Bert.Greevenbosch@huawei.com>
To: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu>, "mmusic@ietf.org" <mmusic@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] The 3D drafts

Hi Pedro,

Thank you for your feedback. I will soon reply to your other e-mail, about the simulcast case, too.

As to the issue with multiple offered streams, this has been considered in the draft. Especially, section 7 contains the following text:

"
The following statements apply for the answerer:
   o  If the answerer selects multiple 3D formats, it MUST be prepared
      to send/receive (depending on whether it is a streaming server or
      client or both) associated streams simultaneously.

The following statements apply for the offerer:
   o  When multiple 3D formats are selected, the offerer MAY initiate
      all associated streams.  Alternatively, it MAY update its offer
      with a reduced number of 3D formats.
"

As you wrote below, indeed the draft proposes re-negotiation if the offerer doesn't like the choice of the answerer.

Why do you think this should be avoided?

Best regards,
Bert