RE: SCCP

Dirk.Trossen@nokia.com Thu, 12 October 2000 15:13 UTC

From: Dirk.Trossen@nokia.com
To: schulzrinne@cs.columbia.edu
Cc: cabo@tzi.org, reichert@fokus.gmd.de, cabo@Informatik.Uni-Bremen.DE, confctrl@ISI.EDU
Subject: RE: SCCP
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 18:13:29 +0300
Sender: owner-confctrl@zephyr.isi.edu

Hi,

I agree with your statement about admission control in terms of
preventing conference participants from joining a conference
to receive particular transmitted data. Furthermore, it's hard
to implement a forced leave (disband) in conference environments.
You could use appropriate security features (group key) for that
but this is currently not integrated in the draft (and the question
is whether is should be).

The current draft of SCCP provides membership control in terms
of maintaining a membership list and providing new members
with the appropriate information. Furthermore, a floor control
service is provided.

Best regards

Dirk