RE: [MMUSIC] Questions/Comments on draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bwparam-03.txt

emre.aksu@nokia.com Mon, 16 June 2003 20:34 UTC

From: emre.aksu@nokia.com
Subject: RE: [MMUSIC] Questions/Comments on draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bwparam-03.txt
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:55:31 +0300
To: magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com
Cc: mmusic@ietf.org
Sender: mmusic-admin@ietf.org

Hi Magnus,
Comment below:

Simply, I propose to change the MUST statement in the session level TIAS value to a MAY statement and an explanation of the above case (sum of media level TIAS <= session level TIAS). An SDP generator can be clever enough to calculate the actual bandwidth needed by analysing the content, if available. Or it can just add up the media level TIAS values. The MUST statement omits the first possibility.

Best Regards,
Emre

Emre Baris Aksu
Nokia Mobile Phones