RE: [MMUSIC] Streaming media

Jose Rey <rey@panasonic.de> Mon, 16 December 2002 13:24 UTC

Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:24:24 +0100
From: Jose Rey <rey@panasonic.de>
Subject: RE: [MMUSIC] Streaming media
To: Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@lmf.ericsson.se>, Flemming Andreasen <fandreas@cisco.com>
Cc: mmusic <mmusic@ietf.org>, "Janne Suotula (LMF)" <Janne.Suotula@lmf.ericsson.se>
Sender: mmusic-admin@ietf.org

Gonzalo,

although I do not exactly know until what extend this is matching your
original question, the draft-ietf-avt-rtp-retransmission-03.txt offers
some signalling about buffering. It refers to the initial playout
buffering. The parameter "rtx-time" defines a way for the server to tell
the client how long will the server buffer the packets and be
retransmitted . So it's used to allocate playout buffer. You may wanna
take a look at what's done there.

cheers,

Jose