Re: [Mobopts] Same MPA server for 2 access networks

Yoshihiro Ohba <yohba@tari.toshiba.com> Mon, 20 April 2009 21:41 UTC

Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 17:42:26 -0400
From: Yoshihiro Ohba <yohba@tari.toshiba.com>
To: Carlos Rodrigues <cmjr@iol.pt>
Cc: mobopts@irtf.org
Subject: Re: [Mobopts] Same MPA server for 2 access networks

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 07:08:06PM +0100, Carlos Rodrigues wrote:
> My question is more about a interworking scenario, more specifically
> inter-technology / intra-domain handover.
> Like a 3G-Wifi interworking scenario... we need have these agents in
> each access network but we can have a centralized MPA server, right?

That's right.  For example, Authentication Agent and Configuration
Agent placed in each access network can communicate with a centralized
server such as a AAA server for authenticating MNs as well as
allocating IP addresses.  You may refer such a centralized server to
as an "MPA server".

Hope this helps,
Yoshihiro Ohba