Re: MIB Comments 11

"Royston, Rick" <rroyston@usr.com> Mon, 31 January 1994 14:28 UTC

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 1994 08:21:17 -0500
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: "Royston, Rick" <rroyston@usr.com>
To: Les_Brown-LLB005@email.mot.com, modemmgt@telebit.com
Subject: Re: MIB Comments 11

Rick's reply-- Doesnt the accepted use of the ',' in the dial string as well as
the X1-n accomplish this?

If we include the call progress detect object, which includes the ability to
'blind dial', we also need to have an object to set the time to wait for dial
tone before beginning to blind dial. The following object meets this
requirement:

mdmPauseBeforeBlindDialingTime OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      TimeInterval
    MAX-ACCESS  read-write
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
.fi
.in +1.25i
"This parameter specifies the amount of time, in seconds, that the modem shall
wait between connecting to the line and beginning to dial, when dial-tone
detection is not implemented or enabled (ie. ' blind dialing ', for example, the
ATX1 command in TIA-602). In TIA-602, this is controlled by the value in the S6
register. In V.58, this functionality is included in the 'dialToneDetection'
object."
.in -1.25i
.nf
    DEFVAL      { 2 }