RE: FW: [Monami6] FW:I-DACTION:draft-hong-multipleif-mn-pb-statement-00.txt

"Taewan You" <twyou@etri.re.kr> Thu, 27 October 2005 03:27 UTC

From: Taewan You <twyou@etri.re.kr>
To: 'Thierry Ernst' <ernst@sfc.wide.ad.jp>, 'Monami6 WG' <monami6@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: FW: [Monami6] FW:I-DACTION:draft-hong-multipleif-mn-pb-statement-00.txt
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:27:39 +0900
Sender: monami6-bounces@ietf.org

Dear Thierry & all,

For your comment of general network issues in this draft
(draft-hong-multipleif-mn-pb-statement-00.txt), I have a comment. Please
read inline.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Taewan You.

Even though this problem that end node should update the relation between
destination address and specific network interface to prevent dissonance
between active network interface and changed IP address was happened in
fixed end node, I do not agree that the SHIM6 should qualify this problem.

AFAIK, SHIM6 is considering environment where an end node has multiple paths
(multiple IPv6 address prefix) by connecting to different ISP that means
site multihoming. So site multihomed an end node does not have necessarily
multiple interfaces and it only has to obtain multiple addresses from
different site exit routers. But the mobile node equipped multiple
interfaces are down for discussion in MONAMI6 WG clearly.

Therefore, if we have consensus, which this problem must be solved for using
multiple interfaces, I think that the MONAMI6 is more suitable place than
SHIM6.