Re: [Monami6] MCoA draft

Keigo Aso <asou.keigo@jp.panasonic.com> Wed, 12 April 2006 10:02 UTC

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 19:02:03 +0900
From: Keigo Aso <asou.keigo@jp.panasonic.com>
To: Monami6 WG <monami6@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Monami6] MCoA draft

Hello,

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:30:42 +0300
marcelo bagnulo braun <marcelo@it.uc3m.es> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I must say that i fully agree with Chan-Wah here...
>
> El 12/04/2006, a las 9:05, Nicolas Montavont escribis:
>
> > Hi,

> >> Really?  Unless you call a ratio of less than 3 (for) : 1 (against) a
> >> "rough consensus" (which was what I counted in Dallas).
> >
> > Most of people were for the adoption of the document as a WG document,
> > including AD and chair of other WG.
> >
> > The few people who were against failed to show major concerns (some
> > issues are still unresolved of course, but this can be dealt while the
> > document is a WG document.
> >

> that is not what i recall from the meeting.
>
> imho there was not clear rough consensus in the dallas meeting
>

> however, the decision must be taken on the list i guess

> >> Again, as mentioned in ML: I see at least two unresolved issues:
> >>
> >> - Bulk Registrations.
> >> - Simultaneously at home and foreign.
> >
> > Sure, but we didn't say that the document is ready for the IESG.
> >

> but there was a consensus call in the ml sent by Thierry and people
> brought up those issues as problems in order to accept this  draft as
> wg item (not in order to sent it to the IESG).
>
> this, as i understand it, means that there is no consensus to accept
> this document as a wg item until there is not a clear agreement in
> these issues
>

> in particular, i am concerned about the bulk registration issue. imho
> this is a major issue, because it is not obvious to me that the current
> draft can be extended to support bulk registration cleanly. I would
> like to understand if we think that bulk registration is needed, and if
> it is, how can be fitted into the mcoa draft neatly, without being
> caught in a draft that doesn't naturally includes such feature. That is
> why i think more analysis is needed in this point.
I agree with what was mentioned above as one of people who brought up
one of these issues.
As for simultaneously at home and foreign, the support for this issue
should be a part of mcoa draft because this is indeed beneficial for MN
and HA. So, my thinking is that a discussion and agreement on this are
needed before accepting mcoa draft as WG item.

Regards,
Keigo