Re: [mpls-tp] draft-boutros-mpls-tp-performance

Stewart Bryant <stbryant@cisco.com> Mon, 05 April 2010 17:09 UTC

Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 18:09:24 +0100
From: Stewart Bryant <stbryant@cisco.com>
To: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <tom.nadeau@bt.com>
Cc: msiva@cisco.com, mpls-tp@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] draft-boutros-mpls-tp-performance

Tom

Remember its
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-frost-mpls-tp-loss-delay-00 not
draft-boutros-mpls-tp-performance that you need to look at

Why not RFC4656

1) We did not think that we could get 4656 efficiently implemented in h/w

2) We assumed that we would not have TCP available as the control
channel, so we would have needed to create new control channel

3) We need both one way and two way, including two way without GPS
clocks at the remote

- Stewart

--
For corporate legal information go to: