Re: [mpls-tp] Question ondraft-ietf-mpls-tp-linear-protection-01

"Adrian Farrel" <adrian@olddog.co.uk> Mon, 29 March 2010 17:12 UTC

From: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
To: John E Drake <jdrake@juniper.net>, curtis@occnc.com, Zhi-Wei Lin <zhiwlin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:03:15 +0100
Cc: mpls-tp@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] Question ondraft-ietf-mpls-tp-linear-protection-01

John,

Indeed.

draft-ietf-mpls-tp-survive-fwk only makes new definitions.
Others are inherited from RFC 4427 et al.

I believe, however, that we should cascade our references and not use a
splatter gun. Thus, the linear protection I-D should reference the
survivability framework only. The survivability framework can then reference
other documents.

Cheers,
Adrian