Re: [mpls-tp] Question ondraft-ietf-mpls-tp-linear-protection-01

Curtis Villamizar <curtis@occnc.com> Tue, 30 March 2010 02:35 UTC

To: John E Drake <jdrake@juniper.net>
From: Curtis Villamizar <curtis@occnc.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:36:01 -0400
Sender: curtis@occnc.com
Cc: "mpls-tp@ietf.org" <mpls-tp@ietf.org>, Adrian Farrel <Adrian.Farrel@huawei.com>
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] Question ondraft-ietf-mpls-tp-linear-protection-01

In message <5E893DB832F57341992548CDBB333163980698EECD@EMBX01-HQ.jnpr.net>
John E Drake writes:

> Adrian,
>
> Wouldn't RFC 4427
> (http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-recovery-terminology/)
> be even better?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

It would be if it covered the case described below.  It doesn't and
therefore a definition is needed in another document.

The one paragraph on shared mesh restoration might be adequate for
circuit (OTN, SONET, TDM) but it is not adequate for packet.  It is
easier to fix it in another document.  The description of shared mesh
is not wrong, just insufficient.

Curtis