Re: [mpls-tp] Questions on the MPLS-TP CV drafts

"Annamaria Fulignoli" <annamaria.fulignoli@ericsson.com> Wed, 08 July 2009 06:42 UTC

Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 08:41:12 +0200
From: Annamaria Fulignoli <annamaria.fulignoli@ericsson.com>
To: Masahiko Mizutani <masahiko.mizutani.ew@hitachi.com>, mpls-tp@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] Questions on the MPLS-TP CV drafts

Hi Masahiko,

for better understanding  MPLS-TP OAM required functionalities , you have to  refer to  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-requirements-02;
this document is in last call.

For better understanding  MPLS-TP OAM procedures that  satisfy  the MPLS-TP OAM requirements please refer to http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-framework-00;

If you wish more clarification or disagree with some  MPLS-TP  OAM requirements  and/or procedures,  you  should  address your comments to these documents respectively.

About the MPLS-TP OAM solutions at the moment there  are several drafts  as individual contribution.

I can answer for the  draft-fhbs-mpls-tp-cv-proactive-00 that you mentioned;  the editors of this draft  has  analysed and proposed possible solutions ( Not the solution !)  for the tool that satisfies  the CC-CV proactive functionality ; the  procedure and behaviour of the proactive cc-cv functionality  is described in the draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-framework-00 as even clearly  reported  in the draft draft-fhbs-mpls-tp-cv-proactive-00 itself.

The difference between CC and CV:
- Continuity Check  monitors the integrity of the continuity of the path; Loss of Continuity is the triggered defect.

- Connectivity Verification monitors the integrity of the routing of the path between sink and source. The connectivity is supervised by attaching a unique identifier at the source. If the received identifier does not match this expected identifier, a connectivity defect occurs.

Best Regards,
Annamaria