Re: [mpls-tp] [mpls] 答复: Re: Updated drafts - draft-kini-mpls-ring-frr-facility-backup, draft-kini-mpls-fast-lsp-alert

"Eric Osborne (eosborne)" <eosborne@cisco.com> Fri, 13 August 2010 10:20 UTC

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 05:20:46 -0500
From: "Eric Osborne (eosborne)" <eosborne@cisco.com>
To: Alexander Vainshtein <Alexander.Vainshtein@ecitele.com>, dai.xuehui@zte.com.cn
Cc: mpls@ietf.org, Shell Nakash <Shell.Nakash@ecitele.com>, Alexander Kugel <Alexander.Kugel@ecitele.com>, MPLS TP <mpls-tp@ietf.org>, Mishael Wexler <Mishael.Wexler@ecitele.com>, Srinivas Goli <Srinivas.Goli@ecitele.com>
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] [mpls] 答复: Re: Updated drafts - draft-kini-mpls-ring-frr-facility-backup, draft-kini-mpls-fast-lsp-alert

You can't (easily) directly port FRR over to TP since FRR is unidirectional and TP has this bidirectional requirement, but you solve that with a protection state coordination protocol, a la draft-weingarten-mpls-tp-linear-protection.  Once you have that, you can get pretty close to what people think of as FRR in MPLS-TP.

Of course, since FRR stands for 'fast reRoute' and we're not supposed to talk about routing in TP networks, we end up calling it something else like 1:n Linear Protection. :)

eric