Re: [mpls-tp] [mpls] 答复: Re: Updated drafts - draft-kini-mpls-ring-frr-facility-backup, draft-kini-mpls-fast-lsp-alert

Alexander Vainshtein <Alexander.Vainshtein@ecitele.com> Fri, 13 August 2010 17:40 UTC

From: Alexander Vainshtein <Alexander.Vainshtein@ecitele.com>
To: "Eric Osborne (eosborne)" <eosborne@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 20:36:27 +0300
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>, Shell Nakash <Shell.Nakash@ecitele.com>, Alexander Kugel <Alexander.Kugel@ecitele.com>, MPLS TP <mpls-tp@ietf.org>, Mishael Wexler <Mishael.Wexler@ecitele.com>, Srinivas Goli <Srinivas.Goli@ecitele.com>
Subject: Re: [mpls-tp] [mpls] 答复: Re: Updated drafts - draft-kini-mpls-ring-frr-facility-backup, draft-kini-mpls-fast-lsp-alert

Eric,
MPLS-TP does not exclude unidirectional LSPs, so at least in this case (and probably also for associated bidirectional LSPs) the FRR could work just fine without any coordination of protection state.

On the other hand, if you want your FRR to preserve co-routed bi-directional behavior of the original LSP, you would have to create co-routed bi-directional bypass LSPs and to run some simple APS protocol (probably in this LSP).

In any case, this is strictly orthogonal to any control plane.

My 2c,
     Sasha