Re: [mpls] Doubts in allocation of a new G-ACH type for

David Allan I <david.i.allan@ericsson.com> Thu, 12 July 2012 17:29 UTC

From: David Allan I <david.i.allan@ericsson.com>
To: Alexander Vainshtein <Alexander.Vainshtein@ecitele.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 13:29:18 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>, "pwe3 (pwe3@ietf.org)" <pwe3@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mpls] Doubts in allocation of a new G-ACH type for

HI Sasha:

You are correct in noting that there is no representation in the RFC for requiring any sort timer associated with CV PDU reception (it only discusses send interval), which means a non-compliant implementation sending CVs could operate undetected by an implementation that made no measurement at all of reception of CVs and if it misbranched into a different LSP, would not be detected.

Another LSP running CV leaking into the LSP served by the non-compliant implementation would still be detected.

Well spotted!
Dave