Re: [mpls] FW: New Version Notification for draft-manral-mpls-rfc3811bis-03.txt

"Rogers, Josh" <josh.rogers@twcable.com> Mon, 01 July 2013 13:19 UTC

From: "Rogers, Josh" <josh.rogers@twcable.com>
To: "Will Liu (Shucheng)" <liushucheng@huawei.com>, "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 09:16:57 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [mpls] FW: New Version Notification for draft-manral-mpls-rfc3811bis-03.txt

RE: MplsNewExtendedTunnelId
>For IPv6 this represents an IPv4 address of the ingress or
>egress LSR for the tunnel for an IPv6 network.

We've been interested in changing a couple of private networks to v6 only,
but are waiting for feature in code and maturity of v6 MPLS, so may still
be a while before we can do it.  I noticed that the language about the
Extended TunnelID uses words like 'suggests' and 'should' when speaking
about using a v4 loopback address as the TunnelId for a 'IPv6 network'.
If there is no v4 address because the network is v6 only, what should be
used instead?  Are we setting the expectation that everything will be dual
stacked forever?

Thanks for your response and insight,
Josh