[mpls] 答复: [spring] to progress draft-cheng-spring-mpls-path-segment

"Weiqiang Cheng" <chengweiqiang@chinamobile.com> Sat, 16 February 2019 00:40 UTC

From: Weiqiang Cheng <chengweiqiang@chinamobile.com>
To: 'Greg Mirsky' <gregimirsky@gmail.com>, 'Alexander Vainshtein' <Alexander.Vainshtein@ecitele.com>
Cc: spring@ietf.org, 'Stewart Bryant' <stewart.bryant@gmail.com>, draft-cheng-spring-mpls-path-segment@ietf.org, mpls@ietf.org, 'Loa Andersson' <loa@pi.nu>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 08:40:49 +0800
Subject: [mpls] 答复: [spring] to progress draft-cheng-spring-mpls-path-segment

Hi Greg,

Thanks a lot for your comments.

My comments are in-line.

B.R.

Weiqiang Cheng

发件人: Greg Mirsky [mailto:gregimirsky@gmail.com]
发送时间: 2019年2月15日 3:37
收件人: Alexander Vainshtein
抄送: spring@ietf.org; Stewart Bryant; draft-cheng-spring-mpls-path-segment@ietf.org; mpls@ietf.org; Loa Andersson

Dear All,

I concur with all what has been said in support of the adoption of this draft by SPRING WG. The document is well-written, addresses the real problem in SR-MPLS, and the proposed solution is technically viable.

My comments and questions are entirely for further discussion:

*	would the draft be expanded to demonstrate how "the Path Segment may be used to identify an SR-MPLS Policy, its Candidate-Path (CP) or a SID List (SL)"?

[Weiqiang] Yes, It is necessary and we will add some text to demonstrate this in the future version.

*	as many use cases for the Path Segment are related to OAM operations, it would be helpful to expand on the use of GAL and the Path Segment.

       [Weiqiang] It is always helpful to have more use cases. However, The GAL is used today in MPLS-TP LSPs to flag the G-Ach and is used for OAM packets only while the Path segment is used for data packets for the each traffic flow. It is a little bit different.

Regards,

Greg