Re: [mpls] Draft: Response to Updated draft Recommendation G.tpoam [Ref 043.02]

Christopher LILJENSTOLPE <ietf@cdl.asgaard.org> Fri, 14 January 2011 14:10 UTC

From: Christopher LILJENSTOLPE <ietf@cdl.asgaard.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 01:12:32 +1100
To: Rui Costa <RCosta@ptinovacao.pt>
Cc: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>, "stbryant@cisco.com" <stbryant@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [mpls] Draft: Response to Updated draft Recommendation G.tpoam [Ref 043.02]

Greetings Rui,

	I'm not sure how the LS should recognize anyone's "inputs" outside of the form of "there is an agreement and the IETF has a policy (as does the ITU) regarding referencing I-D's by other SDOs"  and this inbound liaison seems to contravene those.  The merits of bhh, or any other technical discussion, is not the topic of the LS.  My interpretation of the JWT agreement, IETF process, and ITU-T's own statements on reference to ID's would lead me to support this LS.

	On the non-germain topic of "not supporting service provider inputs" - it may not support all service provider inputs, but there are service providers that do support the current path of the WG.

	Chris