Re: [mpls] LC comments to draft-ietf-mpls-tp-li-lb-01

Gregory Mirsky <gregory.mirsky@ericsson.com> Tue, 07 June 2011 23:52 UTC

From: Gregory Mirsky <gregory.mirsky@ericsson.com>
To: Sami Boutros <sboutros@cisco.com>, "Siva Sivabalan(msiva)" <msiva@cisco.com>, Rahul Aggarwal <rahul@juniper.net>, "martin.vigoureux@alcatel-lucent.com" <martin.vigoureux@alcatel-lucent.com>, "dai.xuehui@zte.com.cn" <dai.xuehui@zte.com.cn>, "swallow@cisco.com" <swallow@cisco.com>, David Ward <dward@juniper.net>, "stbryant@cisco.com" <stbryant@cisco.com>, "cpignata@cisco.com" <cpignata@cisco.com>, "Bitar, Nabil N" <nabil.bitar@verizon.com>, BUSI ITALO <italo.busi@alcatel-lucent.com>, "LEVRAU, LIEVEN (LIEVEN)" <lieven.levrau@alcatel-lucent.com>, "laurent.ciavaglia@alcatel-lucent.com" <laurent.ciavaglia@alcatel-lucent.com>, "wu.bo@zte.com.cn" <wu.bo@zte.com.cn>, "yang_jian@zte.com.cn" <yang_jian@zte.com.cn>, "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 19:52:39 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [mpls] LC comments to draft-ietf-mpls-tp-li-lb-01

Hi Sami,
thank you for your response. Please find my notes below and in-lined with tag GIM>>:

 *
second paragraph of Introduction refers to use of LSP-Ping "either over GACh or using native IP addressing". I think that this is in reference to different encapsulations of LSP-Ping and the text might benefit from the clarification and note that with either type of encapsulation an LSP-Ping is always transported in-band over MPLS-TP network. Considering that characterizing G-ACh encapsulation as exclusively "in-band option" for LI-LB transport might be misleading. Perhaps it can be referred as "G-ACh option".
 *
Section 3.3 What is application of Informational Return Code?
 *
Section 3.5 Which Operation and Return Code values should be used when negotiating CHAP Authentication?
 *
section 3.6.2 states that "only LI-LB response TLV might be present in LSP Ping Echo request message". I think it is a typo and this clarification is in regard to LSP Ping Echo reply message, not request.
 *   In 6.3.g it might be "back to MEP-A' in place of "back to A" to be consistent with terminology used.
 *
I find draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ach-tlv-02 expired and IANA's ACH TLV Registry is empty. The document doesn't request IANA allocation of ACH TLV types for Source MEP-ID, Destination MEP-ID, Destination MIP-ID, and Authentication. How these ACH TLV types will be defined?
 *
Reference 9 is missing mention of RFC 1334.

    Regards,
        Greg