Re: [mpls] Issues with your use of TLV Type and sub-types in your draft

Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu> Sun, 31 October 2010 15:24 UTC

Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 16:26:49 +0100
From: Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>
To: Eric Gray <eric.gray@ericsson.com>
Cc: "mpls@lists.ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mpls] Issues with your use of TLV Type and sub-types in your draft

Eric, Sami et.al. ,

I'd like to split this on two may be three steps.

1. Let us understand the situation, mostly have someone implemented and
    deployed the draft-ietf-mpls-tp-on-demand-cv

    a. if there is it is comparatively easy to defuse the situation
       we will need to agree with wg, IESG and IANA how to rearrange
       sub-TLV type assignments; this could be done quickly

    b. it here is we need to take other measures, we can't live with
       colliding sub-TLV types

2. Once this is sorted out we need to verify that the rest of the
    sub-TLV  type assignments are correctly done and that the rules
    for assignments are understood

3. We need to write some type of directive, that is includes e.g. when
    to request early assignments

/Loa

--

Loa Andersson                         email: loa.andersson@ericsson.com