[mpls] Alissa Cooper's Discuss on draft-ietf-mpls-sfc-05: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Datatracker on behalf of Alissa Cooper <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 07 March 2019 09:48 UTC

From: Datatracker on behalf of Alissa Cooper <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-mpls-sfc@ietf.org, Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>, mpls-chairs@ietf.org, loa@pi.nu, mpls@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2019 19:18:30 -0800
Subject: [mpls] Alissa Cooper's Discuss on draft-ietf-mpls-sfc-05: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-mpls-sfc-05: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-sfc/

DISCUSS:

Comparing the requirements in RFC 8300 Section 8.1 under "Single Domain
Boundary" and the text in Section 15 of this document, it seems that the
mechanism specified in this document is not subject to the same normative
requirements as specified for the administrative boundaries of a network where
MPLS is used as the transport encapsulation for NSH. What is the reasoning for
that? I would have expected to see similar normative requirements here as in
RFC 8300 Section 8.1.

COMMENT:

= Section 4.5 =

OLD
The application of SR to SFC was considered in early versions of the
   SR architecture [RFC8402] and the MPLS-SR specification
   [I-D.ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls], but has since been moved out
   of those documents.

NEW
The application of SR to SFC was considered in early versions of the
   SR architecture [RFC8402] and the MPLS-SR specification
   [I-D.ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls], but was not ultimately adopted.

(I think this is about the ideas, not the organization of documents.)