[mpls] 答复: MPLS-RT review of draft-jin-jounay-mpls-mldp-hsmp

Mach Chen <mach.chen@huawei.com> Tue, 24 July 2012 08:34 UTC

From: Mach Chen <mach.chen@huawei.com>
To: Ross Callon <rcallon@juniper.net>, "thomas.morin@orange.com" <thomas.morin@orange.com>, Raveendra Torvi <rtorvi@juniper.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 08:31:51 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.96.190]
Cc: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>, "lizhong.jin@zte.com.cn" <lizhong.jin@zte.com.cn>, "ice@cisco.com" <ice@cisco.com>
Subject: [mpls] 答复: MPLS-RT review of draft-jin-jounay-mpls-mldp-hsmp

Hi,

I have reviewed the draft and here are my comments:

1.       First, I am not fully convinced by the use cases

a)       For the PTP case, since the requirements is to have co-routed bidirectional path, and LDP-based solution may not be the best choose, it cannot guarantee that the upstream and downstream LSP are fully co-routed, because it’s path follow IP routing, two directions may choose different interfaces(links) or tunnels as the nexthop. RSVP-TE-based solution maybe a better choice. In addition, if the purpose is to save the bandwidth (compare to use unicast bidirectional LSP), seems the benefit is limited.

b)       For VPLS and E-VPN scenarios, seems MP2MP LSP  is a better choice.

2.       The draft introduces a new terminology: HSMP LSP, if my understanding is correct, the HSMP LSP is actually a co-routed bidirectional P2MP LSP,  and  IMHO, the name of co-routed bidirectional P2MP LSP is more common and easy to understand.

3.       The solution and extensions defined in the draft works, one comments on Section 4.2

“Both elements will be used as FEC Elements in the FEC TLV.” More accurate should be “If a FEC TLV contains an HSMP FEC Element, the HSMP FEC Element MUST be the only FEC Element in the FEC TLV.

4.       In summary, the solution and extensions are OK, but the use cases need more work and clarification.

Best regards,
Mach