Re: [mpls] new published draft-kompella-mpls-special-purpose-labels-01 (Adrian Farrel)

"Vivek Kumar" <kvivek@broadcom.com> Thu, 25 October 2012 13:11 UTC

From: Vivek Kumar <kvivek@broadcom.com>
To: "adrian@olddog.co.uk" <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 13:10:50 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.16.203.100]
Subject: Re: [mpls] new published draft-kompella-mpls-special-purpose-labels-01 (Adrian Farrel)

Hi Adrain,
      Thanks for keeping us in job :)
      Having extension approach is good idea but the recursive nature means more possibility which result in more work for SW/HW without any extra benefit. Less the possibilities more deterministic the behavior .

   Since the idea of the draft  is to expand reserved label space , having only one extension label (15) will make things simpler.  The recursive label approach is not giving any additional information or scope but merely testing the system if it can handle Exten-label->Exten-label-> Exten-label->Exten-label ->...

One more question, the new special action label range (16 - 1048559/75) need to be excluded or included when doing ECMP using MPLS labels as inputs (draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-label-06 ) ?

Regards,
Vivek