[mpls] issues about draft-mirsky-mpls-bfd-directed-03

peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn Tue, 14 July 2015 07:56 UTC

To: gregory.mirsky@ericsson.com
From: peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 15:56:05 +0800
Cc: mpls@ietf.org, spring@ietf.org
Subject: [mpls] issues about draft-mirsky-mpls-bfd-directed-03

hi greg

As the document says:

"When LSP ping is used to bootstrap BFD session this document updates
   this and defines that LSP Ping MUST include the FEC corresponding to
   the destination segment and SHOULD NOT include FECs corresponding to
   some or all of segment imposed by the initiator.  "

I think that it likes LDP BFD session establishment. The disadvantage is
that at egress LSR we can not support many BFD session when many ingress
LSR want to create BFD session with the same egerss LSR at the same time,
if all these ingress LSR use same Local Discriminator.

In fact, SR-tunnel is a special TE-tunnel, both of them can direct flow
along specified forwarding path, only different in signal and label stack
depth. The FEC contained in the LSP ping echo request message used to
bootstrap SR-tunnel BFD should represent the flow characteristic, such as
INGRESS-ID, EGRESS-ID, PATH-ID, etc. Maybe we can reuse TE FEC, such as
"RSVP IPv4 LSP" as defined in RFC4379. We can create more PATHs for an
SR-tunnel, we can configure SR-tunnel BFD or SR-tunnel PATH BFD.

The node/adjacency segment FEC as discussed in
draft-kumarkini-mpls-spring-lsp-ping are also neccessary for LSP
ping/traceroute FEC validation.

I would really love your opinion.

thanks
deccan
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail (and any attachment transmitted herewith) is privileged and confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  If you are not an intended recipient, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of the information contained is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this mail in error, please delete it and notify us immediately.