[MSEC] Re: weis-esp-group-counter, was MSEC status update

gmgietf@identaware.com Wed, 07 February 2007 11:51 UTC

From: gmgietf@identaware.com
To: Brian Weis <bew@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 06:51:32 -0500
Cc: msec@ietf.org, George Gross <gmgross@identaware.com>
Subject: [MSEC] Re: weis-esp-group-counter, was MSEC status update

Hi Brian,

To fully avoid the IV reuse problem in the general case, you probably need
to encode a 4-tuple: {S-GCKS-ID, (re-)registration counter, SID, SSIV}. This
approach would avoid the need write the SSIV to non-volatile storage and the
potential problems that would occur if a group uses a distributed GCKS.

I guess I'll stay tuned for the next revision of this draft.

br,
  George