Re: [multimob] Adoption of draft-schmidt-multimob-pmipv6-mcast-deployment as a WG document

"Thomas C. Schmidt" <schmidt@informatik.haw-hamburg.de> Mon, 14 December 2009 12:35 UTC

Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:35:01 +0100
From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <schmidt@informatik.haw-hamburg.de>
To: Behcet Sarikaya <sarikaya@ieee.org>
Cc: multimob@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [multimob] Adoption of draft-schmidt-multimob-pmipv6-mcast-deployment as a WG document

Hi Behcet,

if I comprehend your point correctly, then you argue that multicast
locally available at MAGs is tangential to a PMIP multicast solution. On
that we fully agree.

The outcome of Hiroshima, repeated in my previous mail, was the following:

  * Everyone should address the issues raised in Hiroshima regarding all
individual approaches, update the drafts, and then find consensus on the
base document.

  * In the case that draft-schmidt-multimob-pmipv6-mcast-deployment is
chosen as the base document, we already offered to include the local
routing as option, as this easily integrates and is technically almost
for free.

So there is not much novelty - my main point of the previous mail was
that the adoption call came too early.

Cheers,

Thomas

--

Prof. Dr. Thomas C. Schmidt
° Hamburg University of Applied Sciences                   Berliner Tor 7 °