Re: [multimob] Comments on draft-liu-multimob-pmipv6-multicast-ro-01(JUAN LIU)

liu.juan45@zte.com.cn Tue, 31 July 2012 01:41 UTC

To: Hitoshi Asaeda <asaeda@sfc.wide.ad.jp>
From: liu.juan45@zte.com.cn
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 09:41:39 +0800
Cc: multimob@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [multimob] Comments on draft-liu-multimob-pmipv6-multicast-ro-01(JUAN LIU)

Hi Hitoshi,
Thank you for your comments,please see answers inline:

Hitoshi Asaeda <asaeda@sfc.wide.ad.jp> 写于 2012/07/31 00:35:40:

> Hi,

> > between
> >>
> >> See M-tunnel configuration described in section 4 of above draft.
> > There can be vavious tunnel negotiation mechanisms between MAG,better
> > based on existing mechanism.
>
> Does your draft assume MAG acts as MLD proxy for remote subscription
> and also acts as PIM router for local routing?
Our draft does't put any assumption on remote subscription and local
routing.
MAG acts as PIM router in our solution.

> to the same
> PBU-Q/PBA-Q
> first joins
PMIPv6

> >> I don't understand why other query message (except IGMP/MLD query) is
> >> needed.
> > The query message in our solution is used to locate the MN source in
the
> > PMIPv6 domain.
>
> Then I may ask the same question Luis did.
> Does this extension properly work with moving source?
Please see above answer for Luis's question.
This extension can work with source mobility, you can refer to the link
below to have a rough knowledge on how it works:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-liu-multimob-pmipv6-multicast-ro-02.txt
Details will be included in the next version.
BR,
Juan Liu

> Regards,
> --
> Hitoshi Asaeda

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail (and any attachment transmitted herewith) is privileged and confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  If you are not an intended recipient, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of the information contained is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this mail in error, please delete it and notify us immediately.