Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-2535typecode-change-05.txt

Samuel Weiler <weiler@tislabs.com> Thu, 13 November 2003 03:46 UTC

From: Samuel Weiler <weiler@tislabs.com>
Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-2535typecode-change-05.txt
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:46:57 -0500
Sender: owner-namedroppers@ops.ietf.org
Cc: namedroppers@ops.ietf.org
To: Mike StJohns <Mike.StJohns@nominum.com>

> I actually didn't read this because it should be (e.g. I assumed it was)
> subsumed by the -protocol document.  Was the obvious bug carried over to
> -protocol?

No, it was not.

It still may be worthwhile to read the document since, among other
things, it makes IANA changes.  While the bis doc set will include the
relevant protocol details, it will presumably not repeat the IANA
actions, and the IANA actions are the most signifigant changes between
-04 and -05.  This draft also discusses some of the motivation and
history for the type code roll.

FWIW, the bug in question presumably would have been fixed by the RFC
Editor before publication.  (Or in -06, since the IANA section still
seems to be of concern to some.)

-- Sam