Re: [dnsext] [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review of draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-bis-updates-18

"Jiankang YAO" <yaojk@cnnic.cn> Thu, 21 June 2012 12:45 UTC

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=ietf.org; s=ietf1; t=1340282752; bh=zTodm9/ddsH3vQZXiczmDDFLiN1nXFi44JEvrwlQhOg=; h=Message-ID:From:To:References:Date:MIME-Version:Cc:Subject: List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:List-Archive:List-Post:List-Help: List-Subscribe:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Sender; b=CDv4h7aclnda2pKMEa1dmkrNtM5kIuaPZGwiZ5zpWjQ51lM8d1THFPStrE5DyXcLu uIB7Rlefy4RxapyPHVccOmaTrZWiwT882DUcnp9hzREC0n/2233G0psSevnv5I0Idp h2fn2PLXphOs2axCkPPoaE3sa0foSZiO9XTU41oY=
From: Jiankang YAO <yaojk@cnnic.cn>
To: Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>, S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 20:45:36 +0800
Cc: iesg@ietf.org, apps-discuss@ietf.org, dnsext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [dnsext] [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review of draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-bis-updates-18
Sender: dnsext-bounces@ietf.org

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Sullivan" <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>
To: "S Moonesamy" <sm+ietf@elandsys.com>
Cc: <iesg@ietf.org>; <draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-bis-updates.all@tools.ietf.org>; <apps-discuss@ietf.org>; <dnsext@ietf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:30 AM

>> There was an announcement that the DNSEXT WG would be shut down.
>> The rush to publish these clarifications raises questions about
>> whether the DNSSECbis documents will ever be advanced in the near
>> future from Proposed Standard to Internet Standard.
>
> It is hard to see how there is a rush here.  The earliest version of
> this draft was submitted in 2005.  I know things have slowed down
> around the IETF, but I can't think of seven years as a rush.

 SM does not mean seven years is a rush.
He mean that this draft survives almost 7 years and the draft has not clear clue of being ready to be published before announcement of DNSEXT WG shutting down.
Only after the announcement, someone said that this draft is ready for publication.
Many readers,  I think it is not only SM,  feel that there is a little surprise or unexpected.

>From 0 month to 6 year and 11 month, there is no sign of ready.
>From 6 year and 11 month to 6 year and 12 month, suddently say that "it is ready to go"

This is a rush, not 7 years as a rush.

If I understand SM correctly, I think That is why there is a rush.

Jiankang Yao