[nemo] Update on MIRON I-D (draft-bernardos-nemo-miron-01.txt)

Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <cjbc@it.uc3m.es> Mon, 09 July 2007 09:33 UTC

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <cjbc@it.uc3m.es>
To: IETF NEMO WG <nemo@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 11:33:12 +0200
Cc: Marcelo Bagnulo <marcelo@it.uc3m.es>, María Calderón <maria@it.uc3m.es>, Ignacio Soto Campos <isoto@it.uc3m.es>
Subject: [nemo] Update on MIRON I-D (draft-bernardos-nemo-miron-01.txt)

Hi,

	We've just submitted an update of the I-D that describes or NEMO RO
proposal: MIRON (MIPv6 Route Optimisation for NEMO). Until it appears on
the I-D repository, it can be downloaded from the following location:

http://www.it.uc3m.es/cjbc/papers/draft-bernardos-nemo-miron-01.txt

	This version includes an analysis (in an appendix) of how our proposed
solution fits each of the Aeronautics NEMO RO requirements
(draft-eddy-nemo-aero-reqs-01.txt).

	Comments would be appreciated.

	The abstract of the I-D is copied below:

   The Network Mobility Basic Support protocol enables networks to roam
   and attach to different access networks without disrupting the
   ongoing sessions that nodes of the network may have.  By extending
   the Mobile IPv6 support to Mobile Routers, nodes of the network are
   not required to support any kind of mobility, since packets must go
   through the Mobile Router-Home Agent (MRHA) bi-directional tunnel.
   Communications from/to a mobile network have to traverse the Home
   Agent, and therefore better paths may be available.  Additionally,
   this solution adds packet overhead, due to the encapsulation.

   This document describes an approach to the Route Optimisation for
   NEMO, called Mobile IPv6 Route Optimisation for NEMO (MIRON).  MIRON
   enables mobility-agnostic nodes within the mobile network to directly
   communicate (i.e. without traversing the MRHA bi-directional tunnel)
   with Correspondent Nodes.  The solution is based on the Mobile Router
   performing the Mobile IPv6 Route Optimisation signalling on behalf of
   the nodes of the mobile network.

   This document (in an appendix) also analyses how MIRON fits each of
   the NEMO RO Aeronautics requirements.

	Kind Regards,

	Carlos J.

--