Re: [Netconf] WG adoption poll draft-zheng-netconf-udp-pub-channel-00

Tianran Zhou <zhoutianran@huawei.com> Thu, 24 August 2017 05:46 UTC

From: Tianran Zhou <zhoutianran@huawei.com>
To: Giles Heron <giles.heron@gmail.com>
CC: "netconf@ietf.org" <netconf@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 05:45:47 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.156.116]
Subject: Re: [Netconf] WG adoption poll draft-zheng-netconf-udp-pub-channel-00

Hi Giles,

I just updated the draft submission, so as to answer your question. Please see:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zheng-netconf-udp-pub-channel/

I tried to make it a complete work with both ps and solution. I also separate the subscription model from this document. As things progressed, now maybe a separate ps is not necessary to be published as a support documents.

We are not going to define a general purpose transport, but to adapt UDP for publication of NETCONF/RESTCONF. It's highly related to YANG Push work.
The publication channel behavior will highly depend on the configuration/subscription.
So I feel NETCONF is the right place to do this extension.
And I believe the show-hands on the NETCONF meeting showed this work is important and can be done in NETCONF.

Thanks,
Tianran