Re: [netext] Review of draft-ietf-netext-radius-pmip6-01

"Damic, Damjan" <damjan.damic@siemens.com> Tue, 15 March 2011 09:59 UTC

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:00:53 +0100
From: "Damic, Damjan" <damjan.damic@siemens.com>
To: gwz@net-zen.net
Cc: netext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [netext] Review of draft-ietf-netext-radius-pmip6-01

Hello Glen,

Please accept sincere appologies for a long, long overdue response, but
this work was on hold for a while.
A new I-D revision has just been published, and your valuable comments
have been taken into account.

- Please mark this I-D is the RADIUS counterpart and a follow-up of the
RFC5779 that deals with Diameter support for PMIPv6. The AAA concept and
fundamentals are pretty much inherited or slightly redefined for the
RADIUS use case.

- Terminology issues, grammar nits and other consistency flaws are
hopefully corrected. Everything however spins around the mobility
protocol Proxy Mobile IPv6 and we have to retain this focus including
use of the rather explicit jargon.

- A point was raised on suspected ambiguity in the functional split
definitions. Some real world deployments that actually drive this
publication do allow such variations in the architecture. We are trying
not to rule them out by this general purpose I-D write up.

- Remark to the scope is valid. Obviously the aim is to provide more
then just attribute listing, and I agree there may be room for further
improvements.

Thank you.
Damjan