[Netext] PMIPv6 local routing - update of the PS

sunseawq at huawei.com (Qin Wu) Thu, 11 June 2009 03:09 UTC

From: "sunseawq at huawei.com"
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:09:28 +0800
Subject: [Netext] PMIPv6 local routing - update of the PS

> Folks,
>
> according to the feedback the current version of the localized routing
> problem
> statement seems to cover almost all aspects which are relevant for the
> NetExt work on localized routing.
> Two remaining aspects have been addressed, which should be considered in
> an update of the draft to be in line with the WG's view. These are as
> follows:
>
> *Localized Routing between a PMIP attached MN and a regular IPv6 node*:
> This was a comment from Carlos and addresses the type of nodes
> RFC5213 mentions in a few paragraphs about local routing. We could clarify
> this offline and better text about what RFC5213 describes and how this
> impacts NetExt work on localized routing will go into an update of the PS.

[Qin]: It is  a interesting issue. What scenario do we need to think about?
Suppose the CN is a regular IPv6 node without PMIP protocol support,
It seems difficult to utitlize any PMIP6 protocol to estalish direct Path between the CN
and the MAG which the MN attaches to. Based on this, only one scenario occur to me is
one mobile node and one regualr IPv6 node attahes to the same MAG. Is there any other scenario I miss?
if someone can do some clarification, it would be helpful.

> *Consideration of IPv4*:
> This is a good point made by Sangjin and the PS should cover an analysis
> of relevant issues with IPv4 for PMIPv6 localized routing. There is
> valuable
> early work available, such as draft-jeong-netlmm-pmipv6-roreq-01 and
> draft-wu-netext-pmipv6-ipv4-ro-ps-00.

[Qin];Thank you for your initiating this discussion, it is helpful for us to move the PMIPv6 local routing work forward .

I think it makes sense to send a