[Netext] Today's BOF Discussion

rkoodli at starentnetworks.com (Koodli, Rajeev) Wed, 01 April 2009 17:00 UTC

From: "rkoodli at starentnetworks.com"
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 13:00:50 -0400
Subject: [Netext] Today's BOF Discussion

Hi Hitoshi,

> Is it guaranteed that regular MNs (i.e. with no protocol
> modification) and MNs with new extension can coexist in
> either the traditional (or
> standard) PMIP domain or new PMIP domain which would have
> some difference in the current LMA/MAG configuration?

Again, no new protocols on the MN side.

Folks would like to work on the multiple interface support and
inter-tech handovers.
As it turns out, one of the primary questions here is how a single
address can be made to work on multiple interfaces. From what I have
heard, this can be done in implementation-specific ways (i.e., no
protocol extensions). What I feel may be useful is to document one or
two techniques (such as use of virtual interface) in an Informational
ID. It is up to the group to decide, finally..

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

-Rajeev