Re: I-D Action:draft-gundavelli-netext-mn-groupid-option-01.txt

Jong-Hyouk Lee [mailto:jonghyouk at gmail.com] Wed, 03 June 2009 12:35 UTC

From: "Jong-Hyouk Lee"
To: "netext at mail.mobileip.jp"
Cc: "sgundave at cisco.com"
Subject: Re: I-D Action:draft-gundavelli-netext-mn-groupid-option-01.txt
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 12:35:00 +0000

Hi, Sri.

As indicated at Sec. 1 of I.-D. (Mobile Node Group Identifier Option), this
option optimizes the performance of PMIPv6 by reducing the number of PBU/PBA
exchanging.

Comments on Mobile Node Group Identifier Option
(draft-gundavelli-netext-mn-groupid-option-01).

In Sec. 3, this option is used to indicate the group information for several
mobile nodes attached to an MAG. Accordingly, the sentence (... that is
local to the local mobility anchor or mobile access gateway, as ...) should
be modified as "... that is local to the mobile access gateway, as ...".

[Sri] I guess, some rewording is required. The group affiliation of a mobile
node can be on any basis, the usage should be open.

In Sec. 1, this option can be used to indicate a set of (mobile) nodes
attached to the mobile router if we consider that the mobile router attaches
to a specific MAG. The use-case for NEMO in PMIPv6 domain (i.e.,
draft-jhlee-netlmm-nemo-scenarios-01) should be added.

[Sri] We can leave the option usage bit more open and allow such usecases.

Thanks for the review.

Regards
Sri

Cheers.