Re: [netlmm] FW: I-D Action:draft-ietf-netlmm-lma-discovery-04.txt

"Soininen, Jonne (NSN-FI/Espoo)" <Jonne.Soininen@nsn.com> Thu, 03 June 2010 14:16 UTC

Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 17:15:30 +0300
From: "Soininen, Jonne (NSN-FI/Espoo)" <Jonne.Soininen@nsn.com>
To: ext Frank Xia <xiayangsong@huawei.com>, "netlmm@ietf.org" <netlmm@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [netlmm] FW: I-D Action:draft-ietf-netlmm-lma-discovery-04.txt

Hi Frank,

I really hope that other people would talk to this point. It seems that we
have one person pushing for a technology and complaining me having a bias on
this topic.

For the record, yes, the author of this document does work for the same
company as I do. Yes, this is a possible conflict of interest. However, we
are not talking about pushing a document that would be "my employer's
draft". We have a working group document, which we - as the WG - would like
to get finished.

Frank and Behcet, you have proposed additions to the WG document. However,
as far as I can see, it is just you. There are no other people active in
this discussion. Nobody is voicing their support for your proposal.

If other people are, I hope they feel free to comment. Only way to measure
support in the IETF is by seeing who speaks up. I know that both of you
state that there would be support that people have indicated to you
privately. Maybe you can encourage them to become public on the list.

I think we should stop discussing the administrative issue here. Frank, and
Behcet, if you have an objection or concerns to the process of this WG,
or/and my impartiality as a chair, I hope you know you can always complain
to Jari and bring this issues up with him.

However, as my impartiality has been put under question, I think the
cleanest thing is to have Vidya to take care of this draft now that she is
back at work. Just for the record, I only started this WGLC because Vidya
wasn't back from her leave at that time.

Vidya, is this ok with you?

Cheers,

Jonne.