[netmod] Alia Atlas' Yes on charter-ietf-netmod-08-05: (with COMMENT)

Alia Atlas <akatlas@gmail.com> Thu, 13 April 2017 05:46 UTC

From: Alia Atlas <akatlas@gmail.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: netmod-chairs@ietf.org, netmod@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 22:46:04 -0700
Subject: [netmod] Alia Atlas' Yes on charter-ietf-netmod-08-05: (with COMMENT)

Alia Atlas has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-netmod-08-05: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-netmod/

COMMENT:

I do think that it would be helpful for this charter to discuss some of
the
needed WG interactions.  In particular, where encodings of YANG are
defined elsewhere (i.e. draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor-04), there should be
coordination of the impact of changes to the YANG language.

Another question is where do you see the discussion of device profiles
or sets of YANG modules needed to meet a particular purpose going? To
me, this doesn't read as in scope for this charter and yet I don't think
that
we've thought through the right place for them.  I'm ok with continued
discussion for routing-related ones in RTGWG - but not all device
profiles
(i.e. a profile of modules needed for a firewall) belong anywhere near
Routing.